Churches of Christ are autonomous, non-denominational congregations who submit only to Christ as the head of the church and the Bible as God's authoritative Word.
WHAT DO WE BELIEVE?
Listed below are the 10 core values of Visalia Community Church of Christ.
• God (Jehovah) is the sovereign Lord and creator of the universe.
• The Bible is God’s inspired word to mankind.
• Jesus Christ is the divine Son of God, who came to earth to present the gospel.
• Christ was crucified for our sins, was resurrected, and ascended back to God.
• Christ commanded all Christians to evangelize.
• The Lord’s Supper is a weekly communion service with God.
• Baptism was established for the remission of sins, so that believers might be reconciled to God, and receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.
• The Church was established on the Day of Pentecost and continues to serve the spiritual needs of believers.
• Every effort should be made to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace.
• Every member is blessed with God-given gifts and talents to be used in acts of service.
SERVICE TIMES & DIRECTIONS
View Larger Map
We are located on Court Street, one block south of Caldwell Avenue.
From highway 99, take the Caldwell Avenue exit. Go east on Caldwell until you reach Court Street.
From highway 198, take the Central Visalia exit. Go south on Locust until you reach Tulare Avenue. Go east on Tulare, then south on Court. Follow Court Street until you cross Caldwell.
What to Expect
We are a diverse community of believers. You will find a friendly and relaxed atmosphere as we worship together using a variety of tools, both ancient and contemporary, to give praise and honor to God. Wear whatever is comfortable for you.
We meet regularly for Bible classes on Sundays at 9:00 a.m., followed by worship at 10:00 a.m. Children's church is available for children through the 4th grade folllowing communion in the worship service, and a mother's nursery is also available. Classes last 45-50 minutes, and worship concludes by 11:30 a.m.
Many in our community also participate in small groups -- most often on Sunday evenings. These are times of Bible study, fellowship, service, etc. Times vary depending on the group.
Midweek programs are offered each Wednesday evening during the school year. Special events are planned during the summer. Watch the calendar for details.